it just rained.

it just rained

it started as a light drizzle
and then it started to rain
hard
as if the sky was falling
and my perfect day was slipping away from me
the birds flew away
the squirrels scurried away
people walked past my window with umbrellas
cars drove past
until the rain ceased
and we were left
with no birds
and wet sidewalks,
ruining the biking plan
but the sun comes back,
bouncing off the wet sidewalk
looking like a thousand pieces of broken glass
we won't have to water the grass today
the pretty spring smell is gone
and there's that soggy smell
there's no need for an umbrella
and there's a warm breeze
maybe I might go outside today
with my dad
and my dog
walk to the garden plot
a little space of land in Rock Creek
where my dad and thirty other people
grow enough greens to feed an army
we will come back and he will make a salad
and watch star trek together as a family
and we will forget about the rain
the rain that almost ruined our day.



~Natalie
I write descriptive poetry for the imaginative and include original photos. I hope you enjoyed my writing! Post a comment if you have any ideas or questions!  For recipes and culinary writing, visit Cooking Under Quarantine, my cooking blog. 

Comments