everyone is hurting.


it seems like everyone is hurting.
we are all together,
stuck in our homes
yet so lonely.
it sometimes keeps me up at night,
this feeling that my life is being wasted
that the time I have is leaving me,
like those fast trains in France I rode on once one I was young
with my dad and my sister

before we left I looked out the window and I saw these churches and flowers and trees
and people and pretty things
and the conductor came by
told us we were leaving
but I didn't want to leave.
I wanted to stay
and look
look at the pretty churches and flowers and people
but the train gained speed
and we left the station
and at first, I looked up at my dad
and said
Doesn't It Go Faster?
and he said
You'll See.
and before I knew
it had left the city
left the region
and the country
and we weren't in France anymore
we weren't in the place with the pretty churches and the pretty flowers and people.




~Natalie
I write descriptive poetry for the imaginative and include original photos. I hope you enjoyed my writing! Post a comment if you have any ideas or questions!  For recipes and culinary writing, visit Cooking Under Quarantine, my cooking blog. 

Comments