looking out my window




 



little roses, gentle and red it's color so bright yet so intricate.

squirrel, leaping from tree branch to tree branch

the tree outside my window, it's violet buds covering all of the branches,

the rain from yesterday nurturing the hundreds of trees, flowers, and assorted plants all over my neighborhood. The water droplets on the leaves of the great magnolia in my front yard, the one my parents planted as a little tree when they moved here, 18 years ago. It's a symbol of their commitment to each other, and to us.

The squirrel is back. It's eating grass, the grass that was placed yesterday by the construction workers who redid our sidewalks.

the little robin perched on the roots of the tree near the street

The discarded nerf gun pieces that my young neighbors hurled into the street, but my dad never picked up because of COVID.

the occasional cars going through the streets,

the little birds waking us up with their chirping

Comments